From Maties Ubuntu
The campus IT department does not officially support Ubuntu
Please refer to the Ubuntu campus community for support
The Ubuntu campus community only supports LTS releases
The latest LTS version of Ubuntu is 12.04 (Precise Pangolin)
- Website Navigation
- Click on the Ubuntu logo above anytime to get back to this home page.
- Click on the tabbed headings below the Ubuntu logo for more specific help.
- Use the search box above the tabbed headings.
- Ubuntu is a fast computer operating system, which is very secure and free to use.
- Ubuntu is an ideal platform for small businesses and delivering open educational resources.
- The latest versions of Ubuntu use the Unity desktop interface. Please click here for Unity help.
- If you intend to switch from Microsoft Windows, first read this article and then watch the Ubuntu introduction on YouTube.
- Thanks to the central IT department for hosting this server.
- Thanks to the many students and staff who volunteer time to help. You know who you are !
- Thanks to Ubuntu server software the Stellenbosch University Library is able to provide the following :
- Open access academic research institutional repository SUNScholar
- Open access academic journal publishing system SUNJournals
- Open access academic conference proceedings server SUNConferences
- Proxy server for access to "paid-for" academic e-databases and e-journals SUNProxy
- Web conference/meeting server for researchers TEX.SUN
The authors/editors of this wiki accept no responsibility in any way whatsoever for any damages incurred, arising from the use of any information or software provided by the use of this wiki, to provide support for Ubuntu on campus.
You use this wiki entirely at your own risk.
In addition, please note that all Maties Ubuntu members are unpaid volunteers. The service is provided "as-is" and is subject to the "ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY" condition found in the GNU General Public License .