From Maties Ubuntu
The campus IT department does not officially support Ubuntu
Please refer to the Ubuntu campus community for support
The Ubuntu campus community only supports LTS releases
The latest LTS version of Ubuntu is 12.04 (Precise Pangolin)
- Website Navigation
- Click on the Ubuntu logo above anytime to get back to this home page.
- Click on the tabbed headings below the Ubuntu logo for more specific help.
- Use the search box above the tabbed headings.
- This is the wiki based help guide for the community based Ubuntu linux computer operating system used on the campus of Stellenbosch University.
- Ubuntu is a fast, linux based, computer operating system, which is very secure and free to use.
- The latest versions of Ubuntu use the Unity desktop interface. Please click here for Unity help.
- To get up and running with a minimum of fuss on campus, just follow the simple campus setup guide.
- If you intend to switch from Microsoft Windows, then first read this article and watch these YouTube videos.
- Ubuntu is an ideal platform for small businesses and delivering open educational resources (OER's).
- Thanks to the central IT department for hosting this server.
- Thanks to the many students and staff who volunteer time to help. You know who you are!
- Thanks to Ubuntu server software the Stellenbosch University Library is able to provide the following:
The authors/editors of this wiki accept no responsibility in any way whatsoever for any damages incurred, arising from the use of any information or software provided by the use of this wiki, to provide support for Ubuntu on campus.
You use this wiki entirely at your own risk.
In addition, please note that all Maties Ubuntu members are unpaid volunteers. The service is provided "as-is" and is subject to the "ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY" condition found in the GNU General Public License .